A little wood burning

I have been busy Mama-ing, crafting, catching up on paperwork... and feeling a little under-the-weather this week.
I may be a little light on posting here, but shall get back on track very soon, with photos of what we've been up to.

As for my new wood burner?

I couldn't wait to try it out.
I was very impatient and didn't want to practice randomly.
I wanted to create a piece!

Asking my woodworking friends to saw a door from a waste piece of timber, I sanded it to smooth, before my first attempt.

 Then, after (too much) time looking at Google images of 'gnome', 'elf' and 'faerie' dwellings (such fun!), I felt inspired to create this.

 I will paint and wax it very soon, and share with you the finished piece.

My boys have already played with it plenty as it is.

..."Mama, this is actually a 'magical' door"...

Providing me lots of new ideas to try.
As children do, when we grown ups can sit back and watch.

Labels: , ,