How to make an Autumn Flame Tree Leaf

Although I usually prefer to wait for the equinox, 
to acknowledge the change of season, 
from Summer to Autumn
This year, many things going on in my life have dictated otherwise!

So, here is a short tutorial on how to make some beautiful Felt Leaves
to enjoy this Autumn.

This was a great time for me to have a browse through my felt scraps, and pick out those with what I deem to be an Autumnal colour palette.

Here is the (my first!) PDF Leaf template for some of the leaves I have made recently.
Flame Tree, Lilly Pilly and Gum Leaves.
Quite simple really. And I think, very effective.

I mostly cut these gum leaves from my felt, by eye. Therefore acheiving slightly differing lengths and shapes. Then I used a sewing machine to sew the single vein up the centre.
I made many of these for Seasonal Nature Table gifts recently. For our 'handmaketh' workshop folk and for the pre-school Mr Turtle attends.

I think they are all gorgeous.

SHARING WITH : Natural Suburbia

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,