Delicious Houmous, (hummus, hoummos, hummus, humus, hommos! ) Dip Recipe

On googling the spelling of this recipe, I truly discovered all of these ways to spell it. 
(houmous, hummus, hoummos, hummus, humus, hommos)
I'm sure there must be even more...

Over the last couple of years I've finally perfected my version of this favourite recipe, for many people around the world.
I have even written myself a note saying 
"Aleta, do NOT mess with this perfect recipe"

Our delicious Houmous Dip Recipe
400g tin drained chickpeas
1t unhulled tahini paste
1T olive oil
1 1/2 garlic cloves
1t sesame oil
freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon (about 1/4 cup)
1/8t cayenne pepper
1/8t paprika
1/4t cumin powder
    - - -
freshly ground black pepper
Himalayan rock salt

Place ALL ingredients in the blender and blitz to desired consistency. 
Season to taste.
Serve with favourite plain crackers or pitta bread.

(Yes, that's it! 
Quick AND Easy)

Ingredients I use in this timeless recipe.
I'm sure one reason the kids like to help with this one,
is to 'get the bowl' at the end!



I would love to know what you think.


 

Labels: , , ,